Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Sewing for Dollars II

Oh how I love to finish things. Witness:

You may not be able to tell, but that's a pile of money laying on my family room carpet. Well, really it's Shoo Blue Fly by Nancy Odom (P&B Textiles, for anyone interested in that stuff). I believe the collection is called "Gather Sunshine." But it will turn into a (small) pile of Christmas cash for me once I hand it in tomorrow.

Here is a closeup of the blocks:

The colors are a little more true here.

I am quite proud of how this quilt top came out. I took my time squaring up the blocks and trimming the top before adding the borders. Usually I don't have the patience for that and I just wing it when it's for me or someone who doesn't know anything about quilting. But when it's going to hang in a store for the world to see, I take my time.

Here's hoping the boss likes it.

1 comment:

Staci said...

I am so impressed! You did that in about three days, it seems! I've never really tried quilting, but I'd love to find sewing projects that could make some spare cash for me... I suppose before a store hires you to do display pieces, they'd expect you to have more experience than two baby dresses and some receiving blankets, though. But seriously, this quilt looks great - I can never get my seams to line up so perfectly.