Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Soup to Nuts

Is anyone else already sick of the new Campbell's commercials featuring a nattily dressed, made-up, lip-synching John Lithgow? I can't get the stupid song out of my head. Let's get this ad campaign over with already.

Anyway.


These days I'm a quilter for hire. I worked for a Bernina dealership/quilt shop before having my baby this past spring. Now I'm doing a little sewing for the store while my daughter naps. This will be a store sample. It's fun but a bit tedious with all the applique shapes.


And this is my daughter's first Christmas dress. It's from Sirdar book 241, Design H, knitted in Knitpicks Merino Style (DK) Hollyberry. I love this yarn so much! It has a soft hand, it knits up beautifully, and it's cheap. How can you go wrong? I'll definitely be ordering more in the future.

What you see in the picture is the front skirt portion of the dress...a gigantic field (80 rows) of double moss stitch. I've just decreased for the bodice and started the cable pattern, but couldn't get a good closeup of it. Also, the color is off. In reality it's a deep, almost rusty red. It's going to be adorable with little cream tights and patent leather mary jane shoes. Can't wait!

No comments: