Thursday, November 10, 2005

Flattery will get you everywhere

I am so flattered that people want my ND chart! It's the first design I ever charted and I was just thrilled it worked. I just have to find some knitters graph paper online that I can subsequently email around.

Ho ho ho


Two sleeves! Not that you can see any detail at all in this pic. Whatever, just documenting my progress. Now it's on to another 80 rows of double moss stitch for the back skirt. Can I say again that I LOOOOOOVE this yarn? LOVE IT.

And speaking of loving the Knitpicks...


Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! Awesome! My order arrived today and I am psyched to dive into this box. Here we have:

Two skeins of 'fawn' sock yarn, destined for socks for my MIL.
Two skeins of 'dusk' sock yarn for my Mom (already got her a pattern so she can knit them herself).
Two skeins of Merino Style DK for a tree hat for Daughter, in 'pine' and 'harvest.'
Wool of the Andes in 'coal,' 'carrot,' and 'cloud' to make a hat and fingerless gloves in Princeton Tigers colors for my cousin.
One skein of Dancing sock yarn in 'Tap' to make socks for my friend's 5 year old daughter.
And finally, two skeins of Shadow laceweight in 'Jade' plus the pattern to make the Adamas shawl
(hopefully for me).

And in the "whoring out my skills" category

The quilt top is finished! I spent two days auditioning borders and ended up eliminating one of the three called for in the pattern. I think it came out really nice, despite my displeasure with the dark green triangles. I was slightly hamstrung by the collection I was given to work with. There were only so many fabrics that would work in each position. And I couldn't get any better picture - this was me standing on a chair over my bed, almost falling forward, just to get this much in the frame (and the quilt is only 48" square).

No comments: