Tuesday, December 13, 2005

yarny goodness

**Edited to add...the LL sock yarn colorway is called "peach," but it is really quite pink.


Yesterday's purchases. At the top, Cascade 220. At the bottom, Lorna's Laces sock yarn. Yummy, indeed.


I got started last night on the socks for my mother-in-law. She's getting Conwy from "Knitting on the Road." It's a fairly interesting 4-row pattern that looks nice in a solid color. Those size 1 needles are a trip though. I always make my socks on size 2s, but this pattern happens to call for both Lorna's Laces and size 1 needles. I went ahead with that size but I cast on 6 extra stitches (the pattern has a 6 stitch repeat) to make the finished sock a bit wider. My mother in law is petite but does not have extremely skinny ankles, and I don't want these to be too tight.


Here's what we're doing for the rest of the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made these socks and they are fun and fast, but I was wondering what colorway the LL is??