Sunday, December 04, 2005

Show Us Yer Knits!

Most boring progress pics ever:

On the left we have Daughter's Christmas tree hat.
On the right, an Irish Hiking Scarf (has anyone not made one of these??).

The tree hat is Knitpicks merino DK in pine, very lovely to work with. The hat itself is really boring; not much can be said about stockinette in the round. The scarf is some good ol' Wool Ease, charcoal gray, because it's a gift for a non-knitter, and a very busy non-knitter at that. I see this getting tossed in the washing machine and dryer and I'd rather all that work not end up a felted mess. It is a great pattern and I enjoy it quite a bit. It's amazing how fast worsted weight works up, especially after you've just made socks.

The Christmas tree* is up and awaiting decorations and big, fat snowflakes are lazily falling outside the family room window. This should be a nice day for some holiday music, cocoa, and tree-trimming with my little family. Unfortunately when we bought our last tree, it was a lot smaller than this one and we only bought 2 strands of lights (wha-?!?). I obviously did not apply my method of purchasing craft supplies & yarn to the buying of Christmas lights. So no decorating will actually happen until Hub goes out to get more.

*We are not cut-down-your-own-tree purists...if you aren't either, head to Lowes. We got a PERFECT 6.5 foot Douglas Fir for $29.98. A bargain where we live! (No, I am not affiliated with Lowes in any way. I just lurve to shop there.)

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Noelle at hedgeblog is knitting the same scarf. I saw it last week at our SnB group, it's beautiful. Like your blog!

Staci said...

Did you ever fully finish the Christmas dress for your daughter? Is there going to be a surprise viewing closer to the holiday, or did I just miss the final pics somewhere? All the pieces were so perfect, I can't wait to see it all put together... especially if it's on a super cute baby girl at the time. But of course I have a total soft-spot for super cute baby girls.

Anonymous said...

I've yet to make the Irish Hiking Scarf. One of these days, but definately NOT between now & Christmas Day. LOL