Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Eureka!

Awhile back I posted a question about a "pop" loom tool that made flowers, which could then be sewn into things like afghans, etc. Several people volunteered suggestions as to what I was talking about...because I couldn't think of what it was called. I totally remember seeing the commercials on TV while watching The Golden Girls (shut up, so we were lame kids).

I was just watching Simply Quilts and couldn't believe my eyes when the commercial in question was played! The product is the Knit-Wit, and it also comes with the Doodle-Loom pom-pom maker. I love it! They've totally resurrected this product, probably because knitting is so big now. If you go to the site (like I totally did) and check out the patterns (ditto), you can actually see some of the afghans and projects from the original commercial, which was something like 20 years ago.

Ah, I love me some closure. Now I can sleep at night.

No comments: