Monday, February 20, 2006

Just Another Manic Monday

Man, it is cold today! The weather channel says it's 23 but feels like 10...and we all know that the "feels like" temperature is what matters, right? Crikey! It's darn chilly in the house and I think I might have to splurge today and crank it above 64. I fear for the child, who cannot yet adequately self-regulate her body temperature. She seems warm but why tempt fate?

Dulaan knitting continues apace. Two more hats down, bringing the total to 4. I'm about to cast on for the next pair of mittens. With the Olympics about 62% over, I have 75% of my knitting complete. So far, still on track.


a-buzz buzz

I didn't mean to make hats that look like a bee when put together. They're just the leftovers I had in stash. The black hat is Knitpicks Wool of the Andes (I think the color is called 'coal'), and the blindingly yellow one is Wool Ease in...uh...yellow, I guess.

Special Presidents' Day Olympic coverage has started on NBC - which would be awesome except that I have so much work to do. Amazingly, the bathroom does not clean itself. Nor do the floors vacuum themselves, no matter how much you wish for it.

D'oh! There was just a major wipeout in the bobsleigh races! Oh my...how terrifying it must be to flip that little sled going almost 100 mph. The two women inside are ok - it must have looked worse than it was. Yikes!

Please see yesterday's post and take a guess at my meme so I don't feel like a loser with no friends. I'll give the answers tomorrow. Hope you're all staying warm and cozy today!

No comments: