Tuesday, February 07, 2006

R.I.P.

Rest in peace, old Dell laptop. You were an excellent companion and we browsed the internet, so happy together, for many years. You won't really be missed.

Why not? Because I have the rockin'-est husband EVER and a mere 24 hours after good ole laptop was knocked off the couch (I know, I know, it shouldn't have been precariously perched there in the first place), I have been outfitted with a fancy new (old) one! Husband is a Computer
Guy, and when he does work for people they often give him their old stuff. So our house is a computer graveyard but! it comes in handy in situations like this.

The only problem is the T key is funny...you have to push it really hard to make it work. I can live with that - hey, free laptop.

So I finished up Charlotte Simmons this afternoon. I have to say, it was pretty good but damn, that Tom Wolfe is a wordy bastard! And really, enough with the swears. I can just picture him sitting there in his all-white getup, gleefully typing f-bombs, really capturing the spirit of college kids everywhere. Or something. Anyway, it's a decent story if you stick with it for the first 400 pages or so. The action picks up after that.


Trellis: almost finished. I've seamed and now I have to knit the collar. The only thing I don't like about this pattern so far is the collar, which is knitted up from some held button band stitches, and then sewn down. I probably could have altered it in some way but I'm not that ambitious. I predict it
will be finished tomorrow.

Here is some sewing!


badly cropped photo

This is a personal project (not a paid one) - Martha's Tree, I think. It was the "mystery project" from the employee appreciation party at the shop where I worked. I finally got around to piecing it. Not sure how I will quilt it yet. Possibly by hand.


closeup (again with the bad cropping)


BIG flower

This is a paid project. There will be 2 the same, pieced and buttonhole stitched. I don't get to pick the fabrics for the paid stuff. There are lots more projects I'm working on, but they're all in various states of completion.

Blogger totally just ate the rest of this post and I don't want to re-type it, so I'm off to bed. Damn you, Blogger! I shake my fist at you!

No comments: