Friday, April 28, 2006

Lolo!

So my kid is obsessed with Elmo. When we watch Sesame she is marginally interested until that dorky Elmo's World music starts. Then her head whips around, she points to the screen and squeals, "Lolo!" I am a little disappointed as Elmo is my least favorite Sesame character, and I would be much happier if she loved, say, Grover or Ernie or Big Bird. However, I do love hearing her screech "Lolo!" every morning. It's totally adorable and I'll be a little sad when she starts pronouncing it correctly.

So I went to my OB appointment today and everything is looking good. We've had no bleeding to speak of since Tuesday and the babe's growth continues apace. I've gained 10 lbs. and my belly has suddenly "popped," though I don't know that it's obvious to the casual observer yet. The wee one's heart rate is 150, which is good, mine is 70, which is very good, and my blood pressure is normal. This is all great news because it means my medicine is controlling that aspect of the hyperthyroidism (heart racing/palpitations). I'm kind of hoping my next round of bloodwork will show that the medication is working wonderfully and I don't need to have surgery right now after all, but that's probably a pipe dream.

Thank you all for your continued thoughts, prayers, and good wishes. We appreciate it so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess what my mother gave lil bit today? a framed poster of elmo, I kid you not! I was a bit miffed because she told me she didn't care that the baby's room is jungle animals, hang it in there anyways. When I protested this, she told me to hang it in my craft room then! I told her I would save it for the baby, and let her decide if she wants it hung.
I am glad that you and the baby are doing well. Will continue to pray.

Staci said...

Isn't it so much fun when the kid starts to really have words? Things that are the same every time, so you can begin to understand! And don't worry - I think Elmo is geared to the very young, and as they get older they move on to adore other characters. Marianne still likes Elmo's World, but she gets totally excited about Big Bird and Ernie now as well. I'm still waiting for Grover love, cause he's my favorite.

Congrats on the good check up! I'm so happy to hear that things are calming down!