Thursday, April 13, 2006

Improvement

I am so bored.

But bedrest is good for one thing - my sockapaloooza socks are almost done. I will have pictures soon (when I am allowed to stand up for more than bathroom trips).

Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers. There has definitely been improvement in my condition over the last two days. Hopefully this was a one-time fluke occurrence and everything will be boring and normal from here on out. Except for the thyroid surgery thing. Yeesh.

I credit my healing in large part to the Miraculous Medal given to my mother by her good friend (with instructions to pass it on to me). The medal has been blessed; I have worn it for the last couple of days and prayed a lot. Yesterday I changed my clothes and forgot to grab the medal out of my pants pocket, and I immediately felt worse and bled again. Today I pinned the medal to my PJs in the morning, my clothes after I got dressed, and now my PJs again, and I have felt great all day. There has been no actual bleeding since I got up this morning. I will wear this medal for the duration of the pregnancy. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be even better, and though I will continue to rest over the weekend, I could maybe return to light activity on Monday.

I miss holding my baby and can't wait to scoop her up and snuggle her again.

1 comment:

Staci said...

That's awesome. My next rosary will be for you and your baby (and your mom's friend who was so thoughtful!). Here's to further quick healing and an uneventful pregnancy from here on out!