Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Blur

I'm a little out of my mind today. Yesterday we had our kitchen sink entirely replumbed (is that a word?) at the lovely cost of $275. We have a savings account but live each month paycheck-to-paycheck right now - every month we just scrape by without taking from our savings. It's our li'l nest egg and emergency money (we have investments too, for the long term). Needless to say, we cannot wait until our cars are paid off to ease the pain.

Anyway, this $275 has to come from somewhere, so after I paid Mr. Rooter I got on the horn to my old boss to see if she had any sewing for me. Crikey! She gave me like, 6 projects! So I will be buried under a mountain of sewing for the next week or so. I'll try to get here with knitting updates, as that's what I plan to work on for a few hours each night (if I can stay awake, that is). Husband has implemented a new "get up early and be at work between 7:30 and 8:00" plan so we are retiring earlier these days.

Hope you're all feeling more functional than I am today.

2 comments:

Staci said...

I hear you on that paycheck-to-paycheck gig. I think it's awesome that you can get sewing projects to make some extra cash! Something reasonably fun and that you can do from home... not as great as if she needed you to knit something, maybe, but not bad, either. I just did a preliminary run on my taxes, and was pleased to see a little extra cash coming to us that way. Maybe we won't go bankrupt getting our desperately needed new flooring.

On another note, thanks for your comment on my weight loss concerns. It sort of reminded me that I'd let the exercise totally fall to the wayside. But I've gotten out for a walk for the past couple days and it makes me feel a million times better! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Whoa hey, you must REALLY sew. Six projects! Wow. I'm thinking that maybe our trade of knitted socks for sewing might not be so even. I'm pretty sure that my skills are not nearly as accomplished as yours. I know your blog focuses on knitting but I would LOVE to see what you sew.