Tuesday, June 20, 2006

no rest for the wicked

Oy vey. All I want to do is chill out and take a nap but do you think I can do it? Of course not. Damn type A personality.

So Daughter had a fever over the weekend. I tried in vain to take her temperature. Apparently the thermometer shot pain rays into her armpit from the way she reacted. The best I could tell was that it was around 100. Nothing too serious, I figured. We loaded her up with good old Tylenol and she slept (fitfully) through the night. The fever seemed to be gone by Sunday night so meh, whatev. Then yesterday she broke out in a nas-tay rash all over her face and torso. Swell! We 'observed' her overnight, and she slept well, but this morning it was still yucky and she was rubbing and rubbing at her forehead and eyes. It looked worse and extended all the way past her waist. So we called the doctor and made our first ever early morning dash to the office. I guess it's lucky we hadn't had to do that yet. Unfortunately that meant no time to shower and since the surgeon took the tape off my neck yesterday I have tape residue and iodine showing, to go along with my huge nasty healing scar. Sooooooooo pretty!

Anyhoo, it seems to be just a viral rash. Nothing serious. I gave her some benadryl and hopefully she'll have a nice long nap. Of course we didn't have any benadryl, so we had to stop at everyone's favorite low class mecca of consumerism, la Mart de Wal. We probably picked up 5 more viruses just walking in there.

So. Unfortunately all this resting I'm trying to do isn't resulting in much cleaning/cooking/laundry/etc. being done. I know, I know, it's not that important, let it go, blah blah blah. But hub needs clothes to wear to work and I can't let my kid crawl around on filthy floors. And we really can't afford to order takeout every night (nor is that very healthy). So work I must, and then I can do fun things like nap and...well, nap.

I'm off to fold a mountain of laundry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaaah, the early morning dash. The "can you be here in 20 minutes?" question from the nurse. We've done a few of those. With child number two still wearing pj's. It's fun stuff.

Glad you're healing well! I've been meaning to tell you that I have a friend who had her thyroid removed a year or so ago and her scar isn't even noticeable anymore.

Teresa said...

Lil bit had the SAME rash at three months, though hers was less noticable, it sounds like, and we thought it was baby acne at first. We used to live a block from the Dr's so YEAH, we were there alot at first.

Don't over tire yourself, it isn't going to be good in the long run (like you didn't know that) Us women will always try to do what we can, though