Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I really shouldn't be spending money but...

honestly, considering I'm having an operation in exactly one week in which I will be permanently disfigured, I don't think $30 worth of yarn is such a big deal. Darn it, I'm worth $30! (Ok, permanently disfigured is a little strong, but I will have a scar across my neck forever.)

Here's the booty:


These are 515 yard skeins of Stylecraft WonderSoft Baby 4 Ply. Three are white and the one in the lower left is actually lavendar, though you can't tell in the sunlight. I'm planning the little yellow set to be made in white, and the little pink and white dress to be made in pink and lavendar. I should hopefully have just enough yarn if I skip the little booties (I don't like them anyway). I know the outfits are hard to see in this photo, but scroll down and you can see them a little better in an earlier post. I'll post better shots as I knit along. Yep, this yarn is acrylic, and that's fine with me. Washable, dryable, and it holds up. Plus...cheap! Mom offered to split the cost with me if I really wanted Dale Baby Ull, but I still couldn't stomach paying so much for a little sweater that will be worn for such a short time. Bummer, though...the Baby Ull colors are so great.

Once Secret Garden is finished (no, I haven't touched it since the last photo I showed), and the set for my friend's new baby is also finished (sweater still waiting for buttons, hat not even started), I will cast on for one of these sets. Probably the little dress, since it starts out with tons of stockinette and I can hopefully work on that while I recover at the end of next week.

I got this too:


Tahki Cotton Classic in bright orange to make pumpkin hats this fall - one for my new babe, of course, and possibly one or two for some other babes set to arrive around the same time. I couldn't resist this as it was only $2. Don't you just love sale bins?!?

Uh oh...6:00 and we have no dinner. I'd better go whip up some grilled cheese or something. Mother of the year? Most definitely not!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Kate, both my ex mother in law and my current mother in law have had thyroid surgeries. yes, there will be a scar, but neither of them are what I would concider "disfigured" I have faith that you will come out of this strong.