Monday, May 01, 2006

death by pollen

People, I can't breathe.

No, this isn't a metaphor or anything. I literally cannot breathe. My sinuses seem to be permanently swollen. I feel like there are sandbags in my head. I fear that I will harm myself soon as I cannot stop rubbing and scratching at my eyes. They're red and swollen (well, the eyelids anyway), and I look like I belong in a scary, scary movie. My whole face itches. My throat even itches. On the inside. Gaaaahhh.

Can you die from allergies? Because I may be the next casualty.

eta: I would SO take a pill, except that I have thyroid disease too. If you check your allergy med boxes, they all say "do not take if you have thyroid disease..." Waaaaahhh! So it's nose spray and eye drops (which don't do anything)...oh, and ice cream for the itchy throat. Luckily the baby likes ice cream.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so feel your pain. :(

I don't leave the office during lunch because my allergies are so bad.

It's like I've had a cold for 3 straight weeks.

Staci said...

I hate feeling sick (or allergic) during pregnancy since there's so little you can do to relieve the misery. Sorry!

Jenn said...

I was sick a bit last week and this week my allergies have attacked. so sick of not being able to swallow or breathe (or think, for that matter!)

Unknown said...

OOooh, that sounds miserable.

Try milk or ice cream for the itchy throat. It's a short term cure but it helps. And it's another excuse for ice cream.

Scoutj said...

You know that it's totally safe to take allergy meds while pregnant? I did with my kids or I might have died too! (I almost wrote dyed) lol