Monday, May 29, 2006

sicky-poo

Happy Memorial Day! Or something...is that right to say? Happy Memorial Day? Well, it's a holiday so I'm happy. There.

I have been rather absent due to our first official baby illness. Daughter's fever held for a couple of days and just when I was going to take her to the doctor on Friday, it finally broke. She is fine now but just about gave up eating anything over the few days she was sick. This would be ok if she were a robust and chubby baby, but she is definitely not so I was quite worried. She would only drink diluted juice and pick at the foods I offered. She seems to be slowly coming back around to consumption of actual meals, but it's been slow going. In addition her sleep patterns have been all over the place since Tuesday or Wednesday of last week, which means mine have been as well. Let me tell you, overtired and sick babies really rock the house. Awesome.

But the good news is it's 86 sunshiney degrees today (and was yesterday as well), Daughter is feeling better, my allergies are calming down at last, and we're looking forward to enjoying our holiday as a family.

There hasn't been much crafting (see aforementioned exhaustion) but I've knit a little in the evenings. I'm trying to get a baby gift made for a girlfriend who is due any second, and I started no less than 5 sweaters for the kid (including the blue cabled one I showed a few days ago, in which I dropped a stitch during a cable somewhere and did not have the stamina to find and fix it...the whole thing has been ripped and thrown in a corner). Yeah, me and my knitting have not been getting along. The sweater is coming along now and I should have some progress to show tomorrow. If my child will go back to taking naps on some sort of schedule again, I'm also looking forward to sewing up a bunch more dresses for her this week. We'll need them as it's forecast to be in the 80s for awhile...

No comments: