Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Royal Quilt, Your Highness...


This is the more accurate photo as far as color is concerned. You can't see it here because I had lousy light, but the words "dream," "wish," "fairy godmother," and "love" are also embroidered.


The colors are garish here but you can see the embroidery placement better.


Extreme closeup of a corner, so you can see a design (frog prince) and one of the words I chose to embroider.


Another closeup to show the little castle embroidery and some "happily ever after..."

6 comments:

Me Rob said...

Nice Blog. Our family hosted some old KY ladies (yes, ladies, not women or chicks...lol) once and, as a thank you, they made my sister and I each our own quilt done all by hand. Your blog reminded me that I should go and get mine from my parents' house.

Staci said...

That is one of the nicest princess-y things I've seen. the colors are nice and muted. I'm not in to letting my girls have all the crazy princess junk (their room is done in muted primary colors - Eddie Bauer-ish, if you will) but that's actually a very cute quilt that I would allow in my house :). Well done! And you're getting paid for it!

Ramona said...

Your good-it's a beautiful quilt.

Unknown said...

Wow, that is somethin' else! I'm in awe of your sewing machine's bells and whistles. And your ability to manipulate it. It's fabulous.

Ann-Marie MacKay said...

that quilt is BEAUTIFUL! my dd is 3 and is totally into anything princess right now...
amazing job!!!

Jen14221 said...

what a pretty quilt. i am jealous. wish i could make one for my son (prince, not princess!)