I finally broke down and went to the doctor this morning. I had a terrible night of lame sleep, and when I woke up this morning I couldn't talk. Swallowing made me want to come right out of my skin. I peered at my throat with a flashlight and it was definitely red, and I thought I saw some whitish spots. So to the doctor I went. Hubs was kind enough to stay home with Daughter so I didn't have to drag her with me. Also, did I mention I couldn't talk? Like, at all? Hard to care for a toddler when you can't shout, "no! Stop jumping on that chair! Get down now! You're going to fall and crack your head open!"
Ok, so being sick makes me maybe a little cranky.
Anyway, I don't have strep throat. It's just a virus. About which my doctor was apologetic. He actually apologized that the test was negative and that I therefore wouldn't need any medication. Is that what the world has come to? People just going to the doctor and demanding antibiotics for any old thing? I hate the idea of taking antibiotics (the germs are becoming resistant, as I'm sure you all know, and the medicines don't work anymore in some cases...that is bad! bad! bad!). I was glad to hear all I needed was rest and fluids.
So because I feel crummy and lazy, I'm going to hit you with a meme. I'm tagging myself for 5 weird things.
1) I like to eat things in odd numbers. Like m&ms - I purposely take odd numbers, preferably in different colors, too. If I somehow get an even number, say 8, I will eat 5, then wait awhile and eat 3.
2) The bathtub is never clean enough. I scrub it to the point of practically scratching the finish, I bleach it, I scrub some more, and yet I never feel it's truly clean. I loathed having to move Daughter from the little baby tub to the big tub, and I still cringe every time I put her in.
3) Feet oog me right out. Can't stand feet. Eew.
4) I will not share bar soap or toothpaste. In fact, I won't even use bar soap unless I am truly desperate and there is no other option (like in a hotel). I try to bring my own shower gel/wash whenever I travel. And I have my own tube of toothpaste in the bathroom - once Hubs uses it, it's his. I open a new one.
5) I would rather go on an educational vacation than a "fun" vacation. It's not that I don't like the beach, it's just that I prefer museums and stuff. I'm kind of nerdy like that.
That's all I've got. Off to the couch to watch some Balamory with Daughter.