Monday, October 09, 2006

limping along

Ok, I am going to tentatively say that things are going better this week (so far). Today, at least, has not sucked. I'm crossing my fingers this is a trend.

We went to a farm this morning. We picked up lots of chestnuts and some very questionable looking apples and we petted horsies. We also saw:


"EKK!"

(Let me translate for you. In english that means, "look Mother, there is a letter X on each of these doors!")

But fun time is over, and now I have to applique 24 of these:



I just hope everyone who gets a Christmas gift from us this year really, really appreciates it, because all this applique is a tough way to earn some money. If I retain any sanity by the time I finish, I'll show you both wallhangings. Wish me luck.


Later!

5 comments:

tam said...

What a beautiful farm!...that applique business looks intimidating...good luck with all that work! whoo

p.s. haven't forgotten and am still praying

Unknown said...

What a fun day! She identifies "x" at 18 months? What a little smarty you have!

Glad this week is off to a steadier start.

Teresa said...

I agree with the smart kid! Lil Bit has said the letter Z but she was just repeating her toy! Funny how us moms have to "translate" for everyone. As soon as Lil Bit saw my mother one day, she took her by the hand, said "bye bye" and led her to the door. I had to tell Mom that meant she wanted to go outside! I thought it was obvious!

kate said...

I don't mean to brag, but Daughter can identify almost all the letters if asked, and can say about half the alphabet. She knows A,C,D,F,H,K,L,M,N,P,S,T,X,and Z. We are really proud of this because physically she is so wimpy she cannot get herself up off the floor when she falls down. Seriously. 18 months and she can't stand up in the crib. So we push the intellectual strengths!

Pam said...

Those leaves are beautiful. You'll have to post pics of the final product!