Friday, September 01, 2006

sometimes she knows just what to do

I find myself thanking God for Daughter about ten thousand times a day. Here are a couple reasons why:


One of these things is not like the other...one of these things just doesn't belong...
Do you see it?


Let's see...Beaker, coupla' Eeyores, dolly, blanket...wait. What's that?


Yep, that's the 2 skeins of sock yarn I blogged about the other day. Daughter has been hauling them around all afternoon, and I guess she thought they might like to rest in the crib with her stuffies. Cracked me up when I found them.


Also, I don't know if you're all aware of this, but oven mitts are on ALL the runways this fall. This is the stained floral version from that most famous house of fashion, Tar-zhay, being modeled by my wee child. She found this and wore it around all yesterday afternoon. I laughed and laughed. And took photos to embarrass her when she is older.

We went to the beach this morning with some friends. They are charter members of the Early Risers Club, and we are so not, but we still managed to meet them at about 9:00. The cool thing about a beach at 9:00 am on a not-so-warm day? NOBODY THERE. I have never seen a completely deserted beach in my life. It was pretty awesome. Very peaceful.

So those are the little joys in my life today. Unfortunately Hub and Daughter seem to have colds right now, so I spent a lot of today chasing my poor kid around with a tissue. This is her first cold, believe it or not. Over 16 months with no illness! And it's going to pour rain all weekend and only be 60 degrees...since they're both sick it sounds like excellent family bonding/sleeping in/napping/crafting time to me. I think I'll spend tomorrow in my pajamas.

Gotta run - since none of you showed up with any casseroles this week* I have to make some dinner.

*haha, no, I didn't really expect anyone to bring me a casserole.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What? Daughter isn't wearing the mitts with burn marks on them? They're a must have this fall-- taking oven mitt fashion one step further.

Teresa said...

I tired REALLY hard to get people to give me pizza delivery coupons when I was recovering from surgery, and hubby had celuitis.. didn't work either :(

Kristi said...

Glad for the joys in your life! I am so happy you are able to notice and relish them too. That is a gift!

Enjoy jammy day! Sneak out in the morning and grab some bagels, cream cheese and hot cocoa from Tim Horton's! Then it really will be a perfect stay at home day!

Take care!

Ruth said...

I would SO bring you a casserole if I were closer. I have this great spaghetti pie receipe.

You are obviously doing a fine job of raising your young knitter. She'll be designing her own sweaters before you know it.

Unknown said...

I may just mail you a casserole. It will be the slightly damp paccage from KY. I thought I would check in with you and the blog and see how you were faring...thinking of you and yours. I'm at the incredibly boring blog Knitting Knurse (www.self-patterned.blogspot.com) Come sit a spell!

Staci said...

I wish I could drop by. I'd be more likely to supply dessert to some delivery dinner, but still, we'd have a blast. Too bad about that you-being-in-NY thing. I'll let you know if I'm ever out that way, though :).

tam said...

Oh would so totally love to bring a casserole...or dessert...or more yarn and fabric...cause it would mean I'm in New York and visiting someone new!!! (not to mention a sister in Christ!)

Great post today Sister!

(the beach sounded lovely...we are landlocked...I miss the ocean smells and sights terribly!)