Tuesday, September 26, 2006

makin' stuff

I'm so glad you all love Mr. Rogers as much as we do. Did you watch him today? I was wondering the whole time if that yellow cable sweater he was wearing was knit by his mother. She knitted a sweater a month, apparently. Here is a great bio if you want to read more about Mr. Rogers.

Well, I definitely do not knit a sweater a month, but I have been makin' stuff.



Ann Norling "fruit" hat pattern - pumpkin hat for Daughter.
Yarn: leftovers, yeah! Most of a skein of Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in carrot, and leftover WotA in Fern from Daughter's Secret Garden sweater. I think these are really good pumpkin colors (despite one being called carrot).


I think it goes nicely with the purple blanket sleeper, don't you?

I was going to share some sewing progress today but I'm almost done with one of the projects (a pillow) that completes the quilt/pillow/window treatment combo, so I will wait until tomorrow.


6 comments:

Pam said...

I love that hat! You are soooooo talented.

Kudos to Mr. Rogers mom. A sweater a month. Something to add to my list of to do's:)

tam said...

the hat is just darling!

and way to keep us coming back for more...not posting more crafts until tomorrow!

hmf!

Can NOT (hardly) wait to see it!

Unknown said...

That hat is so cute! Spicey had one that was really similar when she was an infant, but it was a strawberry. I loved that hat. I love the little punkin head too.

R said...

That is oh-so-definitely-darling, Kate. I just want to lightly pop that little stem and say, "Hi, there, Punkin'!"

Kristi said...

Kate - that hat rocks! I am a total beginner to knitting so know it is beyond me at the moment but can you post where you got the pattern? I totally want to make that!

Rebekah Smith said...

This hat is just perfect! I can see it with an orange or green outfit, I wouldn't have thought of the purple blanket sleeper, but it was just so pretty! You have quite an eye for color and arrangement. I also enjoyed the pictures of your daughter "knitting".