Wednesday, September 06, 2006

dispatch from germ central

This cold is kicking my butt. I'm pretty sure I haven't been sick since Daughter was born, and apparently there is a virus exacting sweet, sweet revenge on my body. It's really putting me in quite a mood (see: yesterday).

I'm kind of dragging myself around, but mustered up enough energy to finish some projects.


The wee baby dress is done.


The back.


Closeup of the back. The knitting looks all crookedy here, but in real life it is not.

Specs:
Pattern: Leisure Arts "Special Baby Outfits" leaflet #2329
Yarn: Stylecraft WonderSoft Baby 4 Ply
Needles: US sizes 2 and 3
Mods: I had to hand sew twill tape into the hem part of the dress because it was curling up quite badly. It still doesn't lay as flat as I would like, but I suppose it will do. It will be packed away for quite some time anyway, so it will have time to flatten out.


Wee flannel pants. These are so flipping adorable I want to eat them. The pink ones were finished over the weekend so Daughter has already worn them. She really has enough winter clothes for this year, but I want to make more of these - they are so ridiculously easy and fast. I think they each took 45 minutes start to finish. And at 5/8 yard they are CHEAP! I love thriftiness, especially for kid clothes that are just going to get beat up anyway.

Specs:
Pattern: New Look "easy" #6175
Fabric: Flannel from Joann Fabrics
Mods: None, really. I made the largest size but put in a deep hem because my kid is petite. I probably could have gotten away with the medium. Also, I serged the heck out of every raw edge because this is cheap flannel and it frays a lot.

As I mentioned the other day, I have another 5/8 yard (at least) of the pink flannel left. If you want it, email me and let me know. I can send you a better picture if you'd like.

Methinks the wee child has awakened from her nap. Guess crafting/blogging time is over for today.

4 comments:

Ann-Marie MacKay said...

oooh my daughter wears nothing but pink.
i'd love to have that material.

as i've said before, you have been my inspiration to sew--you make it look easy.
i just bought a new needle for my mom's 30+ y/old singer machine, and i need to get going.
take care

Unknown said...

Beautiful projects, as usual.

Take gentle care of yourself, Friend.

Pam said...

Whatever mood you feel like being in works for me. Just keep writing and we'll keep reading and listening and trying to help if we can.

The dress is beautiful.

tam said...

Beautiful crafter you are young lady!

Love to see the accomplishments!

Am taking on a "bigger-than-my-britches-project" myself starting tomorrow with a deadline of 1 week! For my girl, for a wedding no less, she's the flower girl...yikes! oh! Pray for me please!