Wednesday, December 13, 2006

who am i? where am i? is it christmas yet?

What day is it? This is one of those weeks for me...I'm so confused. On Monday night we were frosting cut-outs for Hubs to take to work and when I looked at the clock it was 9:01 and I freaked out because we! were! missing! HOUSE!

Not.

I have spent half of my time over the past few days preparing for Christmas, and the other half sitting on the floor next to the potty. I'm not sure which one I like less right now. That bathroom floor is cold, yo! But the wee one wants to sit on the potty and try to go, so there I sit, talking to her and
reading books and running the water with my butt going numb. So far, nothing has happened, but I am happy that she is interested. (Please, no comments re: how to potty train my kid. We're really only just starting and I'm not in a hurry. You know me, when I want help, I will ask.)

On the Christmas front, I have baked at least 20 dozen cookies, most of which have already been consumed (don't worry, a ton went to the office with my husband), bought eleventy-billion more gifts because there's always just one more person I've forgotten, wrapped like about 3/4 of the gifts, crammed a tiny bit of knitting time in, and oh yeah, I've sat by the potty.

The yo-yo garland may not make it onto the tree this year. I just haven't been able to work on it, because I can't have sewing needles and small scissors around when Daughter is exploring the universe. At least knitting can be shoved in a bag or crammed on a shelf with minimal damage. So the
sewing has been languishing.

I have gotten some knitting done:



The back of Daughter's latest sweater, dunked and blocked on Friday night. (By the way, this is Patons Classic Merino in denim, and it bled like the dickens. Just an FYI for anyone knitting up Christmas gifts with this yarn!)


Sneak preview of another project for Daughter. I'll tell all about it when I finish.


And finally, I missed the "share your favorite ornament" party hosted by Morning Glory last Friday because we didn't have our ornaments out yet, but I want to share that this is my favorite ornament this year. This is Tiny Ella. The real Ella is now at my in-laws' house and from what we hear is adjusting nicely. In her place Daughter seems to have adopted this tiny schnauzer ornament, which neither Hubs nor I can recall acquiring. She has a tiny chip in her tail, which Daughter will show anyone she can find, and as you can see there was a terrible accident involving one of her rear legs. That happened last night when I had to tackle Daughter as she stuck her finger in the one uncovered outlet in the entire house (yes, I have since covered it). Tiny Ella was in her other hand and went flying. I do have the bottom half of the leg to superglue on later. Whoops. Anyway, Tiny Ella goes everywhere with Daughter, including to the supermarket, the library, Christmas shopping, Grandma's house...you name it. It is adorable. There are other ornaments that I technically like better, but this year Tiny Ella is my fave.

Gotta go. SO MUCH TO DO! And yet again it is after lunchtime and I have not even showered. Crikey. Ho ho ho!

Teresa, that hat pattern is coming, I promise!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe you should buy daughter a Pony. You know, a PeePee Pony. Heehee.

kate said...

Bwaaa! Funny! As it is I stole your idea and we go through the list of people we know who go pee-pee on the potty.

Teresa said...

Lil bit is doing the same thing with the potty so far. She will say "potty" in a little uncertain voice.. we will sit there for awhile, she will get bored, get up, and PEE ON MY BATH MAT.. she has done this 4 times so far.. I am so glad I am way more patient than I thought I would be.

Pam said...

Well, the obvious happened and my whole family is sick, sick, sick. Ugh...oh well, I think we are finally on the mend and starting to feel better bit by bit but this morning, I woke up at 3 am and realized I hadn't showered at all yesterday. Now that's ugly. Sick and wrong I tell you, so on went the shower at 3 am and I slipped back into bed - clean - for a couple more hours. I hate it when that happens:)

Rebekah Smith said...

Such beautiful work you do....Your Daughter will absorb it as she watches you work. What more could we want to pass on to our Babies.