Monday, January 09, 2012

whatever


Seriously? Seriously?

How does that even happen? It's just a little button! I picked it up to use it last week and that little piece of plastic just fell out. When did it break? HOW did it break? (It wasn't the kids, they don't have access to this tool, obviously.)

I don't think a rotary cutter is the kind of tool you want to mess around trying to fix with superglue or whatever (and I'm sure it wouldn't even work), so hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Joann Fabrics I go. 

Tomorrow. 

Because I don't have a car today. 

Our older car tried to kill my husband last week and it will now be dragged out back and shot. Just kidding about the shooting part; it will be traded in on a new car. Already has been, technically. We just need to do the actual physical trade tonight. Goodbye, 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport in "flame red." You have been a pretty good steed for nearly 11 years, but with your 103,000 miles and disintegrating engine, the time has come to call it a day.

Kind of a bummer that we are re-entering the land of car payments after 8 months without. You get used to that pretty easily! Oh well, at least one car is paid off. One payment is better than two. And we got an awesome deal.

Of course, all I want to do today is cut quilt pieces and/or go somewhere. 


1 comment:

Louise said...

Isn't that always the way? The only thing you want to do is the thing that you can't do. That always seems to happen to me, too-- so frustrating.