Wednesday, January 28, 2009

bday wrapup

Thanks for the nice birthday wishes. 33 feels kind of yucks right now - somehow the odd numbered years make me feel older. I mean, I feel fine, no different from a few days ago when I was still 32. It's just the number that makes me twitch a little!

Hubs sent me 100 multicolored sweetheart roses on behalf of the children. They are stunning! And then we went to the Olive Garden for dinner with some friends. With NO CHILDREN. It was so lovely to sit and eat my dinner in peace without having to cut anything up for anyone else, or discipline anyone, or comfort any crying, or keep anyone occupied while we waited for a table. (As an aside, crappy economy my arse! We waited 20 minutes for a table on a freezing cold Monday night at 6:30!)

Anyway, it was good. The friends we dined with are about 6 months pregnant with their first baby, so we regaled them with tales of new-parenthood all night. Isn't that the way it goes? You get out without your children, and then you do nothing but talk about them all night. Laaaaaaaame.

There has been a smidgen of knitting, and even a little sewing - well, preparation for sewing, anyway - so I will try to get some photos taken in the next couple of days. Right now it's time to prepare lunch, get AJ down for some rest before the therapist du jour shows up, shovel the front walk so said therapist doesn't wipe out, fold the diapers coming out of the dryer, clean up a little so the therapist doesn't think we're animals, and oh, feed myself and sit still for twelve seconds.

3 comments:

Liz said...

No kidding about the talking about kids. My sister was trying to wake up her 3 day old baby so she will sleep all night. It was all I could do to refrain from telling her it DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT on 3 day old infants :)

Staci said...

We tried so hard after the first kid, since none of our friends had kids yet, not to talk about her nonstop when she wasn't around. But then you get to a point a couple kids in when it can be kind of hard to come up with other topics. Not that there's not more to you than that, but it's what's on your mind, right? Thankfully by then, your friends have kids, too, so they understand!

Happy 33rd!

Mama Melissa said...

33 was a good age! :) Enjoy it!!

Melissa