Sunday, February 08, 2009

blue screen of doom

My computer crashed.

It was the evil blue screen of doom...the one that informs you Windows will not start up because if it does surely a nuclear bomb will go off, or some equally horrifying thing. It wouldn't even restart in safe mode. I'm telling you, it was d.e.a.d.

Luckily I am married to a computer genius. His brain can do anything when it comes to a computer. Through the magic of Linux he was able to salvage my stuff, including, oh, just every single photograph ever taken of our children. We have discussed backing those photos up for the past 4 years, and now it's been done. Yikes. We'll be doing that more frequently in the future.

He was also able to rescue all my "important files," which in my world are my blog photos, patterns and pictures, scans of patterns, etc. And my budget spreadsheet. Don't know where I'd be without that.

So it looks like I'll still have most of my stuff, though I'll have to rebuild my blog list and go hunt down all the links I had bookmarked. Small price to pay to get my laptop lifeline back.

Gosh, remember when we didn't even have computers?

3 comments:

Liz said...

love your new tagline - that just about sums it up :)

glad to hear about your computer. I'm saving my pennies to get my laptop repaired. Sure, we have the desktop, but I want my laptop.

(sniff, sniff)

Unknown said...

My most sincere condolences. I still feel computer woes pretty intensely these days. LOL.

I still can't believe I graduated from college without the advantage of the internet. Good grief.

I love the tagline, too. And the quilt.

Pam said...

I'm with Karen - love the tagline and really, such a wonderful way to incorporate the quilt you made - very special:)