Monday, July 31, 2006

sure, I'll take some cheese with my whine

Bleeeeeeeehhhhh.

The baby is coming in 10 weeks, give or take. Sometimes that feels like 10 minutes and sometimes 10 years. When it's really hot and sticky and the heartburn kicks in, it's more like 10 years.

I can't sleep at night because I have a burning, searing pain in my left hip. I did not have this problem with my first pregnancy, so whassup? It sucks. I keep rolling to my back but then I wake up feeling all weird because I have this giant weight pressing on important stuff. Yes, I've tried piling pillows everywhere, and I do sleep with a pillow between my knees. Nothing helps.

I have gained 30 pounds. That is already more than I gained over my entire first pregnancy, and as I mentioned, there are still 10 weeks to go. It's ok, I was quite underweight to begin with this time, but I stand at the mirror just trying to figure out where it is, exactly. I mean, the baby weighs about 3 pounds right now, and I figure we're talking around 2 more pounds for amniotic fluid, placenta, etc. So where are the other 25 pounds??? I guess my butt must be getting bigger too, I just can't tell because I live with it every day.

Along those lines, my husband thinks I'm seriously HAWT right now. And I say, oh God honey, really? Now? Right now? Because I couldn't be less in the mood.

I'm tired and I don't feel like doing anything. So I'm going to park in front of the a/c and read while Daughter does anything but sleep in her crib. Bleh.

2 comments:

Staci said...

I had that hip thing with my second pregnancy. I'd wake up with one hip or the other sort of asleep, but burning and uncomfortable. I never found a real solution for it - sorry. But I can feel your pain!

Unknown said...

Same here. My solution: roll over to the other side. Which gets more complicated the bigger the belly becomes. Sigh. I guess if you felt really creative you could just cut your leg off at the hip but somehow I don't think that will solve the problem entirely.