Tuesday, July 11, 2006

random stuff

Yep, my in-laws are annoying, blah blah. Yesterday they called Hub at work to wish him a happy birthday and said sorry they missed "our little party." And it turns out my mil's tests weren't even yesterday, they were today. As in, Tuesday. As in, not yesterday. I am trying to just let this go, because I don't want a contentious relationship with my in-laws. But even Hub is mad. Especially since she told him today that the tests weren't that bad after all and then they went shopping and ordered new furniture. Whee.

So pardon me for thinking they're jerks.

In happier news, the sun is out and it's beautiful and warm. Daughter and I went for a ride to drop off my paid projects (finally) and to visit with some friends. It was so good to get out and be social.
Sometimes I go an awfully long time speaking to no one but my husband, mother, and child. Stunts the brain a bit.

Here are a couple more projects I finished for Daughter over the weekend:



Some shorts and another little dress with bloomers. There's another pair of shorts but I'm not risking waking her from her nap to go get them and take a picture. You'll have to take my word for it that they're cute and blue. The little purple dress pictured needs (hand) finishing work that I'm not real enthused about. Oh well, I'll get to it. I have a pile of stuff that falls into that category right now and one of these days I'll just thread up a needle and go.

I also cut a bunch o' strips so I can start the new babe's quilt:



Or from this angle, if you prefer:



That's all for today though, 'cause it kills my back to lean and cut on my dining room table. One of these Christmases or birthdays I will get a cutting table of the appropriate height. Hopefully tomorrow I can cut the muslin and start piecing the strips together. I don't know though - it's supposed to rain and when it's really gray and dark out I can't seem to get my butt in gear. I tend to just go back to bed when Daughter takes her naps and I don't even shower till late afternoon. So I'm hoping for sunshine. It makes me much more productive.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO sorry your in-laws are poopyheads. :( I know if my parents did tht to me on my 30th, I would have totally gone off on them.

Scoutj said...

That's why we live 3,000 miles away from all family..... just sayin'!

Ann-Marie MacKay said...

i know what you mean about in-laws (or "outlaws").
my FIL called the day before my daughters 2nd birthday party to say he "couldn't fit it into his schedule".
he's retired, divorced, doesn't volunteer and has nothing else to do!
then he called 3 days after and gave us the old "i'm coming tomorrow and staying 4 days" routine...
my MIL is no better..they make me crazy.

Jenn said...

Blech - poopyheads! I'm so sorry to hear all these stories of grief. My MIL is the ultimate martyr - she drives me nuts!

"Grandi" said...

She is really a control freak isn't she!! Take it back girl!!

Have you tried putting your cutting mat on the kitchen counter or island if you have one? Mine is higher than the table and it makes it much easier on my back!

My girlfriend had her husband make a bigger top for her ironing board, and she puts her cutting board up there to do her cutting!

Staci said...

I cringe every time I read your in-law tales. Ugh. I can't imagine what it must have been like for your husband growing up with parents who can be so thoughtless!