Tuesday, June 07, 2011

clearing out some wips

The weather is finally so indescribably gorgeous, I can't believe I'm inside typing this right now. It rained hard in the wee hours of the morning and my patio chairs are still wet, otherwise I'd be out there enjoying the warm sunlight and soft breeze. Especially since tomorrow it's supposed to be 90, which in my humble opinion is too hot to enjoy.

Luckily we have ways of dealing with it:


Look at my big guy! Almost 3 years old! Where does the time go? He loves to "make rainbows" with the hose and cool off at the same time.

I've got a few F.O.s to share. Late winter saw a flurry of WIPs started and cast aside as I struggled to entertain myself on cold, wet days. Of late I've been picking them back up and working my way through the basket of unfinished stuff.

Plain top-down socks to add to my collection. This is Regia "Galaxy" yarn and is supposed to look all outer-spacey. Pretty cool. Plus, I got it on clearance for $2/skein. VERY cool!

I know I showed this partly knit, but I don't think I shared the finished sweater. It's a February baby sweater, of course, made with exactly 3 skeins of Knitpicks telemark in the carnation colorway. I like this yarn enough, it's hearty and warm, but they say it is sportweight and calls for size 3-4 US needles. I knit it on size 5, I think (or was it 6? no, I think 5) and the thing could practically stand up by itself. Maybe it will soften after washing? We shall see.

This looks to be about a 6-9 month size. After I wash it and attach some vintage-y buttons, it will go in the cedar chest awaiting the birth of a baby girl to someone we love.

This week I was planning to keep chugging along on my hippy dippy granny square blanket but I got my first international order (!) and I'm knitting away on two oatmeal-colored soakers for a UK baby.

Patons classic merino in "natural mix" which is exactly the color of a bowl of oatmeal. Mmmmm...oatmeal.

After these are done and shipped off, it's back to the WIPs, both yarny and sewn (oh yeah, there's a pile of stuff cut out next to the sewing machine, too).

What are you working on this week?




No comments: