Friday, February 08, 2008

dude, where's the knitting?

I know there has been woefully little knitting and sewing here in the past couple weeks. I'm sorry for that, it's just that I've truly been struggling with some seasonal...down-ness, I guess you could say. It's been hard to get motivated and my hands just haven't felt like picking up needles. It's odd, because at times there are so many things I want to knit I practically lose my mind and start ten things at once. But right now I've been pretty content to lounge on the sofa at night watching political coverage, sans knitting. I did start a wee pair of socks for Daughter last night at knitting guild, so maybe that will jerk me back into the swing of things.

And as for sewing, I've pulled myself together enough to sort all my garment fabrics and match them up with patterns. I have a bunch of things I want to whip up for the shop, and my thoughts are turning to Spring and Summer in a big way. Hopefully there will be some pretty things to share after this weekend.

Also, just because I feel like complaining, my serger and my oven are both dead. Dear George Bush, please expedite my 'economic stimulus' check because my home is falling apart. Thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dude. forget the viscoelastic bed. get a Juki. Where are your priorities?

Sooo sorry about those blues. I'm totally serious when I say it's time for a little vay-cay.