Tuesday, June 26, 2007

meme-o-rama

I done been memed.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Hmmm. The summer of '97 I was 21 years old and behaving badly. I am not proud of that time in my life, so I don't think I'll discuss it.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Golly, that one isn't too good either! I was recovering from my complete thyroidectomy. Lousy times were ahead. Let's move on.

Five snacks you enjoy:
Ripple potato chips. Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Chocolate chip cookies
Yogurt
Rolled up bologna
Uhhhh...I'm not a big snacker, really, so that's all I can think of.

Five songs you know all the words to:
Only the Good Die Young - Billy Joel (went to a catholic college...you couldn't graduate unless you knew this one by heart)
Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard (hello, I am from the 80s)
Every Rose has its Thorn - Poison
Forever Young - Rod Stewart
Rubber Duckie - Ernie

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Pay off all my debts, give my house away, and buy a better one
Invest for retirement
Invest for Daughter's college fund
Buy yarn
Buy my husband a sportscar

Five bad habits:
Letting the dishes pile up in the sink
Putting off the ironing until the pile is overwhelming
Being nosy mc nosypants...I always want to know what people are talking about
Not returning phone calls-I hate the phone
Waiting too long to write thank-you notes

Five things I like doing:
Knitting
Sewing
Reading the Sunday paper
Relaxing with a cup of tea/coffee
Dancing to Sesame Street music with Daughter

Five things you would never wear again:
Flannel shirts (unless I am sick with the flu in the winter...I saved one flannel shirt for that)
Those sandals that lace up your leg, gladiator style
Cowboy boots (I had a super nice pair I paid $125 for in college...I must have been nuts. Gave them to a single mom I worked with after graduation because she said she wanted some and we wore the same size.)
Bikinis
Monogrammed sweaters

Five favorite toys:
Knitting needles
My Bernina 1008
My 'puter
Jigsaw puzzles (1500 pieces or more)
Country decorating and crafts magazines (not technically toys, but I can't think of anything else)

Wow, that's a really random meme. Kinda fun though. I tag YOU!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooo! That was fun!

I feel for Doritos the way you feel for rippled chips.

Hubs' ringtone on my phone is "Pour Some Sugar on Me". It's one of his favorites too.

Pam said...

I love me some Billy Joel!!! I have his greatest hits on my ipod and just sang that song this morning while I ran:)