Monday, July 14, 2008

and a choir of angels sang "hallelujah"

Oh, sweet relief! The in-laws did not come over this weekend! I repeat, the in-laws DID NOT come over! I was able to avoid scrubbing the toilet in 90 degree weather (though I still had to mop the bathroom floor due to an unfortunate waiting-too-long-to-run-to-the-potty incident). And we were able to relax on Sunday and read the paper, lay around, watch movies, grocery shop, and even take naps. Don't ask me why they didn't end up coming...my m-i-l got her panties in a twist about something, as usual, and gave my husband an earful on the phone before saying they weren't coming and then hanging up on him. Oh dear. Please don't punish us this way, wah wah.

I even got some quality knitting time in yesterday evening once the temperature dropped to a nice, breezy 70.


(Color is waaaayyy off here)

It's coming along nicely. Because of our forty-seven sonograms, we have personally witnessed the existence of two arms on our child, so it's not done yet. Perhaps today during naptime, if I don't fall asleep...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God for small blessings! No visit from the in-laws, naps, AND two arms on the baby! Woohoo!

:)

the lizness said...

I second that motion

Ruth said...

You are on a roll, aren't you? The sweater is GORGEOUS.

I'm planning my trip home from Iowa, and will possibly be spending a night in your area ... do you have any suggestions re: dog-friendly hotels?