Friday, August 04, 2006

so excited i might pee my pants

Or maybe that is the baby elbowing me in the bladder every 5 minutes.

But anyway, I am super excited! Look what my blogging/sewing/crafting/pregnancy friend sent to me:



Super duper vintage knitting and crocheting patterns for baby! I am not kidding when I tell you I ripped the package open on the porch - couldn't even make it through the front door first - and then I jumped up and down when I saw how awesome these booklets are (ah, maybe the jumping explains the urge to pee?). These books are exactly what I scour flea markets for, and I love that one of them says "Mabel" on the front, presumably in Mabel's handwriting, and is copyright 1942. The most expensive one says "29 cents". Glorious! I adore these patterns and can't wait to sit down with some tea and my yarn stash...

People, let me tell you that the power of the internet is amazing sometimes. This lift was just what I needed this week to keep me going. This person lives over 2,000 miles away from me and chances are good we'll never even meet in person (sad!) but she has touched me just the same. Thank you so much, Karen. I'm so lucky to "know" you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAY! I'm so excited that you like them!!! I CAN'T WAIT to see what you create from them, there are so many incredible little patterns.

I'm just so excited. Glad they made your day. :)

"Grandi" said...

Ah - I thought that friend might be Karen! She is just the type of person to be so thoughtful and fun!

R said...

I was there when she picked some of these out... she was SOOOO excited to pick just the right ones for you. How neat to be able to see the end result. Thanks for sharing! ;)