Wednesday, August 16, 2006

hanging in there

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for all the kind, loving, prayerful comments.

We laid our sweet Beth to rest yesterday. It was so beautiful, and yet so sad. We are struggling to find peace.

I will be back. I'm not sure if that will be in a week or a month or what. I'm not sure what I'll even be writing about as our lives have changed so much in the past few days. I hope that some of you will keep me in mind and check back in.

For now I just want to say that if you are looking for a wonderful cause, especially if you sew or knit, I suggest contributing to your local hospital's bereavement program (they also accept monetary donations). They provide counseling, real tissues to replace the cruddy hospital ones, a handpainted memory box for the baby's things, and in our case a stunning handmade burial gown and bonnet, knitted booties, hat, and blanket. We have asked our family and friends to donate to our hospital's program in lieu of sending flowers, and as soon as I can pull it together I will be knitting up some booties and hats in the hope that they will bring some comfort to another grieving mother.

Again, thank you so much for all the wonderful thoughts and prayers.

9 comments:

Scoutj said...

Oh I'm wrapping my arms around you giving you a big hug.

Teresa said...

Bless you Kate. Bless your whole family. I will be thinking of you, and checking in from time to time.

Karen said...

Dear Lord ... I can't imagine your grief. Your entire family is in my prayers.

Ruth said...

Ah, Kate. I have been thinking of you and your family so much over the past few days. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers in the days and weeks to come.

(((HUGS)))

Unknown said...

You are never far from my thoughts - and thus prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Remember that you have lots of friends (in person and on the internet) who are there to help you out. Please let them help you. We send our love.

R said...

Do feel at ease to share your heart and mind's grief here on your blog. Some may not know what to say or respond, but nonetheless... it might help to journal your heart's ache... that we might softly cry with you. You are certainly acknowledged in your grieving ~ no matter how long the pain in your heart will quicken your soul. How precious ~ Beth ~ what a darling, darling name. Here to listen and weep with you.

tam said...

Your days probably seem very odd...moving through the motions of taking care of your little one, yourself and your husband and finding your mind has wandered off and there is two inches of peanut butter on the bread or the sink is running over with water...

How is it that almost a week has passed already?

Whatever it is your experiencing it is right for you. However long it takes you to move into and around in and through your grief, it is right for you.

Don't ever feel pressured or guilty IF anyone ever says you need to be getting on with your grief.

My prayers are still unceasing for you and my heart goes out to you and your family...

Kristi said...

Oh, Kate. I do not know you, but was directed to your blog from another blog. I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby girl. I know I can not begin to understand your pain, but please know another person is now praying for you, your husband and Beth. May you be blessed and comforted with peace.