Wednesday, March 02, 2011

chapeau

Just in time for Spring...I finished a hat for myself!


Haha, Spring my foot, it's sure to be freezing and snowy here for many weeks to come. This hat came off my needles yesterday morning and has already been put to good use. It's the basic cabled hat from Cables Untangled. I used less than one skein of Patons Classic Wool in jade heather (it is really a bit more green than this photo shows). Doesn't look like much sitting on the table, but when it is worn and the cables and rib open up, it looks nice (in my opinion). Oh, and I did knit the cables and decreases correctly at the crown. This picture makes the top look terrible but really it looks pretty good, I promise.

It is telling that as soon as I finished the hat, my son grabbed it from my hands and pulled it on his own head. I guess I do make rather a lot of knitted items for the kids.


But no, this late-winter chapeau is for mama!


Mmmmmm. Warm.

No comments: