Monday, December 03, 2007

waffle

As with all good things, once I declared the end of the blog I immediately missed it and backpedaled in my mind. I've been thinking about it all week and here is the problem with ending a blog: that's a LOT of your life to just delete. It isn't like a paper journal where you can just shelve it and let it gather dust until you want to read or use it again.

I just got tired of taking and editing photos of my stuff (started to feel more like work than fun) and for whatever reason I was feeling very, very awkward about the content dealing with my pregnancy and loss. Every time I thought about it I felt very naked, indeed.

But jeez, when I think of deleting it all, I feel sad! I guess I want to be a part of this community more than I realized. Plus, every single day of the past week I've found myself doing/making something and composing a post in my mind to go along with it. I have quilt blocks and ornaments and cookies and a decorated tree to share...and I guess I forgot that since I don't do a ton of socializing in 'real life' the internet is where I go to share this stuff with my friends.

So is it ok if, rather than ending it now, I just declare an extended break, say until the new year? I'll take this month to rejuvenate myself and figure out what I want to do. Maybe I can learn some web design stuff so I can make this page look more interesting - for me and for you. Perhaps I can finally search out a good place in my house to take natural light photos of my projects, rather than just throwing them on my dining room table and then trying to adjust the lighting in my very elementary photo-editing program.

I guess what I'm saying is, rather than ditching the blog, I'd like a chance to make it better instead. Yes? No?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

YES! YES! YES! PLEASE!

I was feeling sad the other day knowing that I was missing seeing all your Christmas crafties. Because, you know, it's really all about me and my need to see your crafts and hear about playgroup. And stuff.

Ann-Marie MacKay said...

yes!
please stay.
i love your crafting.
i love that you knit, sew, garden and are crafty all around.
i don't mind infrequent posts--i don't mind bloggy breaks because we all feel like that at times.
but i'd love for you to continue when you feel inspired.

:)

Ruth said...

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!! I've been clicking over here sort of sadly to torment myself with your farewell post ... you can't imagine how happy I am to see your change of mind.

Enjoy the holidays ... I'll look forward to seeing more of you in the New Year.

Pam said...

YES!!!

Teresa said...

I understand, I haven't blogged it what, six months??? I had a different problem though. I realised that so much of my life gets filtered out of my blog that I don't reconise the person who writes them. I still honestly don't know how to resolve that.

"Grandi" said...

Oh yes! I don't comment much - I'm content to just lurk! But a year or so ago your sock pictures inspired me to try my hand. I am proud to say I am currently on the 2nd sock of my 6th pair!! All pretty - all fun to wear! So see - even when you weren't aware of it you touched and inspired someone else!
So take some time - but don't totally leave us without your fun-ness!

Anonymous said...

You have to stay. I've just found your blog and I'm local to you too! I hear you about the bad light at this time of year but it is so nice to think there is a small community of crafty bloggers here. Take all the time you want, but please come back ;) I love typepad and found it an easier way to blog, a switch might help.

someone else said...

Yes, yes, yes!!

I know what you mean about getting tired of trying to come up with something to write. I've thought about stopping, too, but I realize I would miss it. So I've compromised and only write if I think of something I really want to say. Sometimes several days go by, and sometimes I post two or three days in a row. But the point is, it's on my schedule and that helps me not feel obligated.

So write when you want to. We'll be hanging around waiting.

Staci said...

Hee hee. I just checked back after a couple weeks of not blogging much myself, you know, just to see if you'd updated. So I'm happy you're not gone forever. I'm all for taking your time! And staying :).

Unknown said...

Love the new header! Nice work, techy!

Unknown said...

Okay! It's 2008! Come back now! :)