Monday, June 11, 2012

self-promotion post

Oh man. It's 90 degrees. Know what's fun to do in 90-degree weather? NOTHING.

I don't even have anything much to say. Maybe I will tomorrow when it's 15 degrees cooler.

I'll spare you another photo of my stole-in-progress, though I will report I have completed 5 full repeats as of last night and have only 46 pattern rows to go, then the top border and it will be done. Woot! I'm already plotting and planning what will be next...

Since I have nothing else I'll do a little shameless self-promotion. I'm caught up on Etsy orders, so I have all my custom order slots available plus two additional wool soakers ready for immediate shipping.


0-6 month soaker in petal pink. This would fit a larger newborn, up to about 6 months depending on thickness of cloth diapers and, of course, size of the baby. Also very cute for photo shoots where you want the baby in only a diaper but you don't want to look at a company logo on a disposable diaper. 


Newborn soaker in dark grey. This was made with mixed dye lots of yarn, so the cuffs differ slightly from the rest of the soaker, even though they are the same color. You can kind of see it in the photo above. It's not terribly noticeable in low light but you can definitely tell the difference. I made it from leftover yarns so because of that, and the difference in dye lots, I've priced it at a discount. If you or anyone you know is considering trying wool covers with cloth diapers, this would be an inexpensive way to try it out! It seems counterintuitive, but wool is actually excellent for the warmer months because it "breathes" and allows air to circulate, reducing the incidence of diaper rash (I know this from experience with my son).

These soakers can be seen in more detail and purchased here.

Ok, thanks for bearing with me. I do like to get the word out. Those student loans aren't going to pay themselves!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love it that your soakers are doing so well. :) Your knitties are the best.