Monday, December 12, 2011

ho ho ho, it's a Christmas F.O.

Ok, I've got some cookies done, the tree is up and decorated, I not only took the kids' Christmas picture but I actually turned it into Christmas cards and sent them out. I think all the gifts are bought except for one or two little things, and now I just need to focus on finishing up the last of the knitted gifts for my own family members.

Still, I feel massively behind. And you? Ah, the holidays.

I'm psyched to have finished the last knitted gift to send away:


It's so cute and wee! This is a sweet, lacy cardigan for my baby niece to go over the tiny jumper/tunic I showed in my last post. It's from Leisure Arts "Baby Layettes Book 2" (#460). I used a skein of Stylecraft WonderSoft Baby 4 Ply that I found in my stash, and US 5 needles. This is one of those patterns where you get different sizes merely by changing needle size, so it can be knit on 4, 5, or 6 depending on what you want. I went with the middle size, which is supposed to equate to 3 months.

It's a little foo-foo and twee, but it was an interesting enough knit, and it cost me nothing since I had the yarn on hand (yay!). I have to go hunt down 3 buttons, which I'll do after it's completely dry. 

I put the blocking board on my dining room table to take a photo, and then I laughed and had to take this one - the "keepin' it real" shot:


Gross.

Hope your holiday preparations are coming along!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm dying over the sweater. DYING.

Keep it real, yo.s

shoes online shoes said...

rohibiting the trademark of functional product features encourages competition by keeping producers from controlling a useful product feature. The Court in Qualitex explained that if functional product features were tChristian louboutin salerademarked, than competitors would be put at a significant non-reputational disadvantage.The theory of aesthetic functionality states that consumers desire a specific feature that is

before, a person can often happy together, do this for her mother who, better than anything else.But a moment's effort, a few people sitting in the room, and head of the family of Shen Feng-wing, at the moment has gone forever, SHEN Han could not help but ask: "Dad do?"When the mother for her daughter always have a special love, Shen came back with this very happy she did not think she can put th

prah, you have quoted Glinda the Good Witch [from The Wizard of Oz]: 'You always had the power.' And that is the message you have brought into our lives."--Tom Cruise, during one of Oprah's Farewell episodes. Christian Louboutin DorsayThis would be one of "my favorite things" for Oprah, this holiday season. The closest I might get to the original ruby slippers is the Bianca by Louboutin. Jimmy Choo on-line has them on s

they also meet the quality of the originals. You can thus walk in confidence knowing full well that each step you take is a step forward into feeling and looking fabulous.This had the heart to sink with Christian Louboutin Mary Janeschristian louboutin sale pondering, she began some wonder, what the mouth says Feng Shen wing that matter, what kind of a situation? Both husband and wife will have their response surprised."Clamo